Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday 1/28


After the recent spell of warm weather, the river is running again. It has some interesting ice formations both above and beneath the surface.

It's constantly changing and mesmerizing. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm here to write!

Yesterday, I worked on the visual poems. I printed out a number of pictures and bought a piece of vellum to see what they would look like layered. I quite like the idea of multiple layers of vellum (for the words). Lisa came to my studio and offered really useful insights re: bordering, placement of language and so on. For now, I'm going to concentrate on seeing which images I'm drawn to. It's becoming more obvious that certain ones need less language.


Today, I'm back to the novel edit -- as much as I can do without feedback from the publisher. I'll have to send another email.

Last night we went down to the lounge and watched "Spellbound" (Hitchcock). Ingrid Bergmand and Gregory Peck. Some beautiful camera angles and snappy (and corny) dialogue.





This evening, we're meeting at Lisa's studio. They're going to be knitting and I'm going to play with my shape poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment